State System of Control of Infectious Diseases e-Epidemiology
Ensuring the control of infectious diseases and the epidemiological situation in the Republic of Moldova. In 2013, the implemented e-Epidemiology information system, after being highly assessed and receiving recommendations from WHO experts, was modernized.
Main subjects of registration in the information system:
- Cases of infectious diseases of both human (individual and collective) and animal origin, which are recorded in the IS on the basis of documents:paper documents, electronic documents transferred to the IS (from outside) from external carriers;
- Referrals to laboratory analyses and their results.
The system provides:
- Centralized registration of data on all cases of infectious diseases in the country;
- Centralized registration of reports about the outbreak of infection in humans;
- Centralized registration of reports on cases of infectious diseases in animals and birds;
- Creation of a unified database of cases of infectious diseases;
- Operative data flow to interested services;
- Performance of operative and retrospective analysis of the epidemiological situation.
- Regular preparation of information and analytical materials for operative analysis of the epidemiological situation;
- Regular preparation of information and analytical materials for executive authorities;
- Preparation of state statistical records.
- Possibility to identify outbreaks of infectious diseases and organize measures to eliminate them.
- Online monitoring of the epidemiological situation in the country.
- High efficiency of exchange and processing of information by all participants in the process.
The State System of Control of Infectious Diseases is hosted on a platform provided by the National Center for Preventive Medicine and is integrated with the State Register of Population, State Register of Animals and specialized medical systems.